- Allaahuma innee astakheeruka bu-ilmika, wa astaqdiruka biqudra-tika, wa as’aluka min fadhlikal – Adheem, fa innaka taqdiru wa laa aqdiru, wa ta’lamu, wa laa a’lamu, wa Anta ‘Allaamul Ghuyoobi; Allaahumma in kunta ta ‘lamu anna haathal-amra,- — (then mention the thing to be decided) Khairun lee fee deenee wa ma‘aashee wa ‘aaqibati amree — (or say)— Aajilihi wa aajlihi. Faqdurhu lee wa yassirhu lee thumma baarik lee feehi wa in kunta ta‘lamu anna haathalamra sharrun lee fee deenee wa ma‘aashee wa ‘aaqibati amree — (or say) — ‘Aajilihi wa aajilihi. Fasrifhu ‘annee wasrinee ‘anhu waqdur liyal-khaira haithu kaana thumma ardhinee bihi.
- Allahumma lakal-hamd. Anta qaiyimus-samawati wal-ard wa man fihinna. Walakal-hamd, Laka mulkus-samawati wal-ard wa man fihinna. Walakal-hamd, anta nurus-samawati wal-ard. Walakalhamd, anta-l-haq wa wa’duka-l-haq, wa liqa’uka Haq, wa qualuka Haq, wal-jannatu Han wan-naru Haq wannabiyuna Haq. Wa Muhammadun, sallal-lahu’alaihi wasallam, Haq, was-sa’atu Haq. Allahumma aslamtu Laka wabika amantu, wa ‘Alaika tawakkaltu, wa ilaika anabtu wa bika khasamtu, wa ilaika hakamtu faghfir li ma qaddamtu wama akh-khartu wama as-rartu wama’a lantu, anta-l-muqaddim wa anta-l-mu akh-khir, la ilaha illa anta (or la ilaha ghairuka).
- Waallatheena yaqooloona rabbana isrif AAanna AAathaba jahannama inna AAathabaha kana gharaman
“Our Lord! Avert from us the Wrath of Hell, for its Wrath is indeed an affliction grievous – Evil indeed is it as an abode, and as a place to rest in”. (Qur’aan: 25:65)
- Rabbana wasiAAta kulla shayin rahmatan waAAilman faighfir lillatheena taboo waittabaAAoo sabeelaka waqihim AAathaba aljaheemi
“Our Lord! You comprehend all things in Mercy and Knowledge. Forgive, then, those who turn in Repentance, and follow Your Path; and save them from the torment of the Blazing Fire!” (Qur’aan: 40:7)
- Allatheena yaqooloona rabbana innana amanna faighfir lana thunoobana waqina AAathaba alnnari
“Our Lord! We have indeed believed: forgive us our sins, and save us from the punishment of the Fire” (Qur’aan: 3:16)
- Rabbana ighfir lana waliikhwanina allatheena sabaqoona bialeemani wala tajAAal fee quloobina ghillan lillatheena amanoo rabbana innaka raoofun raheemun
“Our Lord! Forgive us, and our brethren who came before us into the Faith, and put not in our hearts any hatred against those who have believed. Our Lord! You are indeed full of Kindness, Most Merciful.” (Qur’aan: 59:10)
- Waqul rabbi ighfir wairham waanta khayru alrrahimeena
- Walamma barazoo lijaloota wajunoodihi qaloo rabbana afrigh AAalayna sabran wathabbit aqdamana waonsurna AAala alqawmi alkafireena
“Our Lord! Bestow on us patience and set firm our feet and make us victorious over the disbelieving people”. (Qur’aan: 2:250)
When Talut (Saul) marched with his soldiers to confront Jalut (Goliath), the small force of Talut including Dawud made this dua. Jalut’s army was larger than Talut’s. But on Talut’s side was Allah (SWT) since Talut was marching to establish a kingdom in the name of Allah (SWT). In the war, Talut’s forces fought with the authority of Allah (SWT), in a response to this dua. Dawud killed Jalut, and Allah (SWT) gave Dawud the kingdom and wisdom.
- Bismillah, Allahumma jannibna-sh-shaitan, wa jannibi-sh-shaitan ma razaqtana
“In the name of Allah. O Allah! Protect us from Satan and also protect what you bestow upon us”. (Bukhari, Volume 8, Book 75, Number 397)
- Qul in kuntum tuhibboona Allaha faittabiAAoonee yuhbibkumu Allahu wayaghfir lakum thunoobakum waAllahu ghafoorun raheemun
Say: “If you do love Allah, Follow me: Allah will love you and forgive you your sins: For Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.” (Qur’aan: 3:31)
- Inna allatheena amanoo waAAamiloo alssalihati sayajAAalu lahumu alrrahmanu wuddan
“On those who believe and work deeds of righteousness, will (Allah) Most Gracious bestow love”. (Qur’aan: 19:96)
- Rabbana hab lana min azwajina wathurriyyatina qurrata aAAyunin waijAAalna lilmuttaqeena imaman
“Our Lord! Bestow on us wives and offspring who will be the comfort of our eyes, and make us leaders of the Muttaqun (the righteous).” (Qur’aan: 25:74)
- Subhana allathee khalaqa alazwaja kullaha mimma tunbitu alardu wamin anfusihim wamimma la yaAAlamoona
“Glory to Allah, Who created in pairs all things that the earth produces, as well as their own (human) kind and (other) things of which they have no knowledge”. (Qur’aan: 36:36)
- Rabbi hab lee mina alssaliheena
“O my Lord! Grant me (offspring) from the righteous” (Qur’aan: 37:100)
- Rabbana waijAAalna (Muslimayni laka wamin thurriyyatina ommatan (Muslimatan laka waarina manasikana watub AAalayna innaka anta alttawwabu alrraheemu
“Our Lord! Make of us (Muslims, bowing to Your (Will), and of our offspring a nation submissive unto You, and show us our Manasik (all the ceremonies of pilgrimage – Hajj and Umrah) and accept our repentance. Truly You are the One Who accepts repentance, the Most Merciful”. (Qur’aan: 2:128)
- Rabbi la tatharnee fardan waanta khayru alwaritheena
- Rabbana ighfir lee waliwalidayya walilmumineena yawma yaqoomu alhisabu
“O our Lord! Forgive me and my parents, and (all) Believers, on the Day that the Reckoning will be established!” (Qur’aan: 14:41)
This is a dua made by Prophet Ibrahim (pbuh). He had offered this dua for protection from Hellfire. This is an extraordinary dua where Ibrahim (pbuh) is not only asking for him and his parents, but for all the believers. This should be an example for us to include other believers in our duas so that Allah (SWT) grants His mercy to all Muslims.
- Rabbi irhamhuma kama rabbayanee sagheeran