(1) Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said:
“He who fasts solely for the sake of Allah Ta’ala, his previous sins are all forgiven”.
(2) “The odour of the mouth of a Sa-im (fasting person) is sweeter to Allah than the fragrance of musk”.
(3) It is narrated in the Hadith that on the Day of Qiyamah, even before Reckoning has taken place, the fasting people will be sumptuously fed under the shade of Allah’s Arsh (Throne) while others will be still embroiled in the hardships of Reckoning.
(4) Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said:
“The sleep of a Sa-im is ibadat and his silence Is Tasbeeh (recitation of Subhanallah): (the thawab of his deeds is considerably increased: his dua is accepted and his sins are forgiven”.
(5) “Saum is a shield and a powerful fort to save one from Jahannam. “
(6) According to the Hadith fasting is a shield as long as the Sa-im does not rupture it with lies and backbiting (gheebat). Although the fast will be discharged, the thawab and efficacy of the Saum are destroyed by the commission of sin.
(7) Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said: that the Sa-im has been promised by Allah Ta’ala that at the time of Iftar (at least) one of his duas will most certainly be accepted.
(8) The person who gives a Sa-im something with which to break his fast, will receive the thawab of the fast while nothing will be reduced of the Sa-im’s fast. This thawab will apply even if some water is presented with which to break fast. (Hadith).
(9) On the first night of Ramadhan the Doors of Heaven are opened up and all Doors remain open until the end of Ramadhan. (Hadith).
(10) Every raka’t of Salat performed during the nights of Ramadhan gains for the Sa-im the thawab of one and half thousand good deeds. In addition special mansions will be constructed in Jannat for this person. (Hadith).
(11) On the first night of Ramadhan the sins committed since the previous Ramadhan until now are forgiven. (Hadith).
(12) During Ramadhan, 70,000 Mala-ikah daily make Dua of Maghfirah (forgiveness) on behalf of the Sa-im, from the time of Subah Sadiq until sunset. (Hadith).
(13) Whoever engages in gheebat (back-biting) or consumes liquor during the month of Ramadhan, Allah Ta’ala will erase ‘ the good deeds which he had rendered throughout the year. (Hadith).
(14) Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaylhi Wasallam) said:
“Every good deed of the son of Aadam (alaihi sallam) is increased (in reward)from ten times to seven hundred times – and Allah Ta’ala said: ‘Except Saum, for verily, it (Saum) is for Me and I, Myself will reward it. The Sa-im abstains from desire and food for My sake.’ For the Sa-im there are two (occasions of pleasure -pleasure at the time of breaking fast and pleasure at the time of meeting his Rabb”.
(15) Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaylii Wasallam) said:
“Saum and the Qur’an will intercede on behalf of the servant (of Allah). Saum will say” ‘My Rabb! I forbade him from food and desires during the day, therefore, accept my intercession on his behalf.’ The Qur’an will say: I forbade him from sleep at night, therefore accept my intercession on his behalf’. Thus, their intercession will be accepted”.