During I’tikaf, the following acts are mubah (permissible):
(1) To eat and drink.
(2) To sleep.
(3) Necessary conversation.
(4) To change clothes and apply perfume and oil.
(5) To cut hair and nails. These should not be allowed to fall in the Musjid.
(6) To walk inside the Musjid.
(7) To sit anywhere inside the Musjid.
(8) To tend to a sick person inside the Musjid.
(9) If necessary, to buy and sell goods provided that the goods are not brought Into the Musjid nor is payment made inside the Musjid.
(10) To teach Deeni lessons.
(11) To sew clothing.
(12) To study Deeni books.
(13) To get married and to perform a Nikah.
(14) All such acts which are lawful and allowed in the Musjid are permissible for the Mu’takif.