The Makruhat during I’tikaf are as follows:
(1) To maintain total silence.
(2) To Indulge In idle talk.
(3) To sleep excessively merely to wile away the time.
(4) To unnecessarily pass wind inside the Musjid.
(5) To sew garments or engage in any occupation for a fee.
(6) To read books and magazines which are not of a Deeni nature.
(7) To erect the mu’takaf in a way which inconveniences the Musallees. (Mu’takaf is the area which is enclosed for the sleeping and eating of the one who observes I’tikaf).
(8) To engage in any worldly activity unnecessarily.