Hadrat Abu Malik-Al-Ashar (Radi Allaahu Ta’ala Anhu) narrated that the Holy Prophet that the Holy Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam) said:
“Taharah is a constituent of Eeman;
saying (Praise be to ALLAH) fills the scale;
saying (Glory be to ALLAH and Praise be to ALLAH) fills the space between the heavens and the earth:
Salaah is a light:
Sadqa is a proof,
endurance is a shining glory and
the Holy QURAAN is a proof on your behalf or against you.
All men go out early setting themselves free or destroying themselves. [Sahih Muslim, Ma’arif-ul- Hadis]
Hadrat Aishah (Radi Allaahu Ta’ala Anha) narrated that the Holy Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam) said: Ten characteristics belong to the religion of Islam.
(1) Clipping the moustaches;
(2) Letting the beard grow,
(3) Using miswak (tooth stick),
(4) Snuffing up water in the nose and cleaning it,
(5) Cutting the nails
(6) Washing the fingers joints (to remove the dirt that usually accumulates there),
(7) Plucking the hair under the armpits,
(8) Shaving the pubes
(9) Doing ISTINJA (abstersion) with water.
The narrator said, “I have forgotten the tenth but it may have been “rinsing the mouth.” [Sahih Muslim, Ma’rif -ul- Hadis]