1. Hadrat Umar (Radi Allahu Ta’ala Anhu) narrated ALLAH’s Messenger as saying, Should anyone falls asleep and fails to the perform supplication such as prayers which he normally made in the night, if he performs it between the dawn and the noon Salaah (Zuhar Salaah) it will be recorded for him as though he had recited it during the night. [Muslim]
2. Bismillah should be said if a (complete) surah is recited after surah al-Fatihah in the Salaah and if only a ruku (part of a surah) is recited, Bismillah need not be said. [Bahishti Zewar] Read more... (687 words, estimated 2:45 mins reading time)
It was usual with the Prophet (SallAllahu Alaihi Wa Sallam) to observe tartila (clear and distinct) in the recitation of the Holy QURAAN. He would not recite it rapidly and would utter each and every word clearly and would make a slight interval after reciting an ayah and would stretch out the word bearing the sign of maddah e.g., he would recite RAHMAN AND RAHEEM in a stretched out form and while beginning the recitation of the Holy QURAAN, he would seek refuge from ALLAH from cursed Shaitan (satan) in the following words: “I seek refuge in ALLAH from cursed shaitan” Read more... (627 words, estimated 2:30 mins reading time)
Since the tasbihat are required to be said in given numbers, there are two ways of counting. One method is counting by a rosary and the other is to count on fingers. Counting on fingers is borne out by the Prophet himself i.e. he has directed to do so as well as he himself has done like that. As such counting on fingers is more meritorious. [Aurad -e- Rehman]
COUNTING ON FINGERS Read more... (591 words, estimated 2:22 mins reading time)
1. The parts of the body washed in ablution should be rubbed before washing.
2. There should be continuity in all actions.
3. There should be an interval between washing one part and the other.
4. The prescribed order of washing should be followed. During the course of ablution the following supplication should be recited.
Having performed ablution, one should recite the following supplication:
I testify that there is no God but ALLAH alone who has no partner, and I testify that Mohammad is His servant and Messenger. Read more... (110 words, estimated 26 secs reading time)
(1) The miswak should not be longer than one span and should not be thicker than a finger. [Bahrur Raeq]
(2) The miswak should be rubbed on the gums at least three times and should be dipped in water every times.
(3) In case finger is to be used in place of miswak, then the upper and lower jaws on the right side should be cleaned with the thumb and the left side should be cleaned similarly with the first finger.
HOW TO HOLD THE MISWAK: Read more... (308 words, estimated 1:14 mins reading time)
The hair of the Holy Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam) was in length up to the middle of his ears. In other traditions his hair was in line with the ears and in a third tradition his hair reached the lobes of his ears. Yet there are traditions according to which his hair came down to the shoulders or near the shoulders. [Shamail-e-Tirmizi]
All these traditions can be reconciled if it is taken that when he applied oil or combed it, the hair looked longer, alternatively, the traditions represent the position before and after trimming. Read more... (242 words, estimated 58 secs reading time)