Wudû and Purity
1. Perform your wudû in a proper manner even if you do not feel like doing so.
2. There is greater reward in performing a fresh wudû.
3. When relieving yourself, do not face the qiblah nor turn your back towards the qiblah.
4. You must be cautious with regard to urine splashing on you. By being unmindful in this regard, one is punished in the grave.
5. Do not urinate in a hole as there is the possibility of a snake, scorpion or any other dangerous animal emerging from it.
6. Do not urinate in the place where you have a bath.
7. Do not engage in any conversation when relieving yourself.
8. When you wake up, do not insert your hand in a utensil containing water until you have thoroughly washed your hands.
9. Do not use water that has been warmed in the sun as there is the possibility of being infected with white liver whereby the body is tainted with white marks.
Wudû and Purity
Hadith One: It is mentioned in a Hadith that to earn halâl wealth is a fard after other farâ’id. In other words, it is fard to earn halâl wealth after other farâ’id which are the pillars of Islam, such as salât, fasting, etc. This means that although it is fard to earn halâl wealth, the status of this fard is less than that of the other farâ’id which form part of the pillars of Islam.
Hadrat Umm Habba (Radi Allahu Ta’ala Anhu) narrated that the Messenger of ALLAH said: A house will be built in paradise for him who performs Salaah in a day and a night twelve rak’ahs, (over and above the obligatory Salaah) four before and two after the noon Salaah (Zuhr Salaah) two rakahs after Maghrib Salaah and two after lsha Salaah and two rakahs before Fajr Salaah. [Tirmizi, Ma’rif -uI- Hadis]
Sunan – Fajr Salaah
Hadrat Aishah (Radi Allahu Ta’ala Anha) narrated that the Messenger of ALLAH said: The two rakahs, at dawn Salaah (Fair Salaah) are better than this world and what it contains. [Muslim]
Q. “What is the position of jum’ah prayer in journey? How far the jum’ah prayer is mandatory when one is on travel?”
A. Jum’ah prayer is not mandatory (fard) on a traveller. It is permissible for him to perform the Zuhr prayer instead of Jum’ah. But since the Jum’ah prayer is far more rewardable than the normal Zuhr prayer, one should not miss it as far as possible even when he is on journey.
Q. “If one is offering prayers (salah) in congregation (Jama’ah) and he commits a mistake under which sajdah for repentence becomes mandatory, then, can he offer such a sajdah at the end of the prayers (salah)? If yes, please specify the correct procedure for the same and clarify the situations under which one must perform such a sajdah while in congregational prayers”. (Ibid)
THE FARD OF WUDHU ARE FOUR, WITHOUT COMPLETING THESE FOUR THINGS YOUR WUDHU WILL NOT BE COMPLETE.
WASH THE FACE ONCE
WASH THE HANDS TO THE ELBOWS ONCE
WIPE AT LEAST ¼ OF THE HEAD ONCE
WASH THE FEET TO THE ANKLES ONCE
THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS MUST BE IN PLACE BEFORE WUDHU BECOMES COMPLUSARY.
TO HAVE ENUFF WATER AND THE ABILITY TO USE IT FOR ALL THE FARD PARTS THAT NEED TO BE WASHED
TO BE IN A STATE OF MINOR UNCLEANLINESS
THE FOLLOWING ARE OUTSIDE FACTORS, WHICH AFFECT THE CORRECTNESS OF ANY SALAAT.
IF THESE FACTORS ARE NOT IN PLACE BEFORE YOU BEGIN THE SALAAT THEN YOUR SALAAT WILL NOT BE VALID AND YOU WILL HAVE TO REPEAT YOUR PRAYER!!!!!!!!!!
Your body must be clean and your clothes must be clean and free of najas. Meaning you must both be in wudhu and there must be no physical signs of impurity on your body or your clothes. In addition the place that you will be praying on must be free of najas. If the entire area is not free of najas then at least the place where your hands, face, knees and feet will touch must be clean.
There are three times during which no fard or wajib salaat can be performed:
From sunrise to after it has risen,
When the sun is at its zenith at midday until it shifts from its position.
When the sun turns yellow until it sets.
The exception is if a janaaza becomes ready so it should be prayed or sajdah tilawat may be done at these times.
Likewise it is valid although makrooh to perform the ASR of the same day after the sun has turned yellow.
1. If a person reaches the musjid of his area or the musjid
nearest to his home at a time when the jama’at is over, then it is mustahab
for him to go to another musjid with the intention of getting the jama’at over
there. He also has the choice of returning home, getting his house-folk together
and making jama’at with them.
We have quoted a few sayings of the Sahabah, which in reality portray the
words of Rasulullah sallallahu alayhi wa sallam. Now let us look at the ulama
and mujtahideen and see what they have to say in regard to jama’at and how they
understood these Ahadith.
1. The Zaahiriyyah and a few followers of Imam Ahmad bin Hanbal rahmatullahi
alayh say that jama’at is a prerequisite in order for the salaat to be valid.
Without jama’at, the salaat is not valid.