My beloved brother! Practising complete Islaam is certainly the key to our success in this world and the Hereafter. Islaam has provided us with the solution to problems in every sphere of our lives. Without doubt, the road to saving ourselves is simple and as clear as daylight – and it is to keep ourselves far away from such grievous sins.
The following are some methods, the adoption of whom will enable and help you to do this:
1 Make tawbah (sincere repentance) to Allah and turn to Him submissively. Read more... (352 words, estimated 1:24 mins reading time)
Abu Hurayrah reports Rasulullah S.W. said, “Whoever stands in prayer and ‘ibaadah on the night of Power with sincere faith and with sincere hope of gaining reward, his previous sins are gorgiven”
Reported in Al Targheeb from Bukhari and Muslim Read more... (571 words, estimated 2:17 mins reading time)
It is mentioned in a Hadîth that a woman from the Banû Isrâ’îl was breast-feeding her child when a richly adorned caravan passed by. This woman made a du‘â: “O Allah! Make my child (rich) just like this.” Upon hearing this, the child left her breast and said: “O Allah! Do not make me like this.” Thereafter the child continued drinking her milk. After a little while a group of people passed by taking a slave-woman with them in a disgraceful and oppressive manner. Upon seeing this spectacle, the mother made the following du‘â: “O Allah! Do not make my child like this.” Again the child left her breast and said: “O Allah! Make me just like this.” The mother asked: “What is this you are saying?” He replied: “The person who was at the head of the caravan was a tyrant. The slave-woman was being accused of being a thief and being immoral when in fact she is pure from all these accusations.” Read more... (324 words, estimated 1:18 mins reading time)
This matter remains as to why Bid`ah is such a detestable deed. The seniors of the Deen have made many lengthy discussions on this subject. I will briefly state a few reasons, hereunder: Read more... (1358 words, estimated 5:26 mins reading time)
1. When a married woman gives birth to a child, that child will be attributed to her husband. It is not permissible to say that this child is not her husband’s and that it is someone else’s merely on a doubt or suspicion. It is also not permissible to refer to such a child as being illegitimate. In an Islamic state, such a slanderer will be whipped.
2. The minimum period of pregnancy is six months and the maximum period is two years. In other words, a baby remains in the womb of a woman for a minimum period of six months. It cannot be born before this period. The maximum period it can remain in the womb is two years and not more than this. Read more... (996 words, estimated 3:59 mins reading time)
Hadrat Abdullah-lbn-AbbaS (Radi Allaahu Ta’ala Anhu) narrated: A man came to the Messenger of ALLAH and said, Sometimes such evil thoughts occur to me that I would rather be burnt to ashes than make a mention of them. The Messenger of ALLAH replied, Praise and thanks be to ALLAH who has turned this affair into one of evil suggestions (i.e. has made those thoughts remain thoughts only) and not turning them into doubt and evil deeds. [Abu Daud, Ma’arif-ul-Hadis] Read more... (156 words, estimated 37 secs reading time)
There are five days during the year on which it is forbidden to fast.
These five days are:
The two days of Eid and the three days of Tashreek viz. 11th, 12th and 13th Zil-Haj. (The 3 days following Eid-ul-Adhaa)
Fasting on these days is not valid.
YAUMUSH – SHAKK (THE DOUBTFUL DAY)
(1) The day after the 29th of Sha’ban is termed Yaumush Shakk or the Doubtful Day because of the possibility of that day being the 30th Sha’baan or the 1st Ramadhan.
(2) It is Makrooh to fast on Yaumush Shakk whether it is a Nafl, Qadha or Nathr Saum. Read more... (340 words, estimated 1:22 mins reading time)
Sahri is the act of arising from sleep during the course of the night to partake of some food or drink in anticipation of the next day’s fasting.
1. Sahri is Sunnat regardless of whether one feels like eating anything or not. One should rise and eat even a date or two or merely take a gulp of water.
2. It is of greater merit to delay Sahri. But it should not be delayed so much that Subah Sadiq has almost set in, causing doubt in the validity of the fast.
Read more... (452 words, estimated 1:48 mins reading time)
Good companionship, choosing and having good companions is extremely important for many reasons and from many aspects.
1. Mankind cannot live alone; every individual must live and interact with others.
2. Those people who you sit with and make your friends are inevitably going to fall into one of two categories. Either they are going to be good individuals – who guide and encourage you towards what is good and help you to accomplish that which Allaah has ordered, or they are going to be bad – encouraging you to do what is pleasing to Shaytaan, that which misleads you, and leads you to the Hell-Fire. Read more... (1799 words, estimated 7:12 mins reading time)