In the state of Ihram the following practices are inadmissible and unlawful:
(1) For males, wearing stitched or knitted clothes of the shape of one’s body, such as shirt, trousers, underwear, Achken and coat etc. There is no harm to have stitched patching to the ‘Ihram sheets as well as sewing of the loin in the middle. A sewn money-purse or belt is also an exception.
(2) To cover head and face for males.
(3) To apply any kind of scent to body or clothes; to used perfumed soap, to eat odoriferous tobacco. To smell any sweet smelling flower or fruit intentionally is also Makroh (undesirable). Unintentional feeling of any smell has however no significance.
(4) To cut the hair of any part of the body.
(5) To prune the nails.
(6) While in Ihram, every sort of kissing and embracing with one’s wife as well as enjoining a sexual intercourse with her is unlawful.
(7) In the state of Ihram, even to mention sexual intercourse in the presence of women is unlawful.
(8) Quarrelling and wrangling.
(9) To hunt or to help a hunter.
(10) To kill the louse of one’s body or clothes.
(11) To kill the locust.