1. Surah al – Fatihah – once: From surah al – Baqarh, ayah, 225/II – [Ayatul – Kursi, Throne verse] once:
2. 18. ALLAH Himself is witness that there is no one but ALLAH save Him, and the angels and the men of learning (too are witness). Maintaining his creation in justice. There is no one but ALLAH save Him, the Almighty, the Wise.
19. Lo! Religion with ALLAH (is) to surrender (to His WILLS and guidance). Those who formerly received the scripture differed only after knowledge came unto them, through transgression among themselves. Whoso disbelieveth the revelation of ALLAH (will find that ) lo! ALLAH is swift at reckoning. [111/1 8-1 9]
Whoever recites surah Al-Fatihah and Ayatul – Kursi (225/11) and the following five Ayat after each of the daily five Salaah, then his abode will be Paradise and ALLAH will manifest his Grace to him seventy times and will fulfill seventy of his wishes. In breif, he will be forgiven. [lbn -as- Sunni]
3. Three times: I am pleased with ALLAH as my lord, with ISLAM as my faith and with Mohammad as my Prophet. The merit of saying the above is that on the Day of Resurrection ALLAH will bestow upon the affluent so much Grace that he would be pleased and satisfied. [Husn -e- Haseen]
4. Hadrat Abdullah -bin- Khubaib (Radi Allahu Ta’ala Anhu) narrated that the Prophet said: Recite every morning and evening (i.e at the opening and the close of the day) each of surahs – Suratul – lkhlas, suratul-Falaq and suratun-Naas thrice. These will serve you for every purpose. [Sunan Abu Dawud, Ma’rif -ul- Hadis]
So Glory be to ALLAH when ye enter the night and when ye enter the morning. Unto Him be praise in the heavens and the earth! – and at the sun’s decline and in the noonday. He bringeth forth the living from the dead, and he bringeth forth the dead from the living, and he reviveth the earth after her death. And even so will ye be brought forth. [xxx-l7to 19] The merit of reciting it at night or in the morning is that all the deficiencies of having missed azkar and aurad during the day and night are made up. [Sihah Sitta]
Hadrat Abdullah bin Ghannam (Radi Allahu Ta’ala Anhu) narrated that ALLAH’s Messenger (SallAllahu Alaihi Wa Sallam) said. “If any one says in the morning, “O ALLAH, whatever favour has come to me or to any of Thy creatures in the morning, it comes from Thee alone who hast no partner, to whom be praise and thanks giving.” He will have expressed full thanks giving for the day; and if any one says the same in the evening he will have expressed full thanks giving for the night. [Mishkat, Ma’arif -ul- Hadis]
Hadrat Abu Hurairah (Radi Allahu Ta’ala Anhu) narrated how Hadrat Abu Bakar (Radi Allahu Ta’ala Anhu) narrated he had asked ALLAH’s Messenger (SallAllahu Alaihi Wa Sallam) to command him some thing to say in the morning and evening and he had told him to say: “O ALLAH, who knowest the unseen and the seen, Creator of the heavens and the earth, Lord and Possessor of every thing, I testify that there is no god but Thee: I seek refuge in Thee from the evil within myself from the evil of the devil and his (incitement to attributing partners (to ALLAH).” He instructed him to say it morning and evening, and when he went to bed. [Tirmiz, Abu – Dawud, Ma’rif -ul- Hadis]
Hadrat Muaz bin Jabal (Radi Allahu Ta’ala Anhu) narrated that ALLAH’s Messenger took him by the hand and said, 1 love you, Mu’az, to which he replied, “And I love you, Messenger of ALLAH. He then told him not to omit to say at the end of every prayer. My Lord, help me to remember Thee, thank Thee, and worship Thee acceptably. [Mishkat]
Hadrat Abu Bakar Siddiq(Radi Allahu Ta’ala Anha) narrated that he asked ALLAH’s Messanger to teach him a supplication for recitation in his Salaah, and he told him to say.
“O ALLAH, I have greatly wronged myself, and Thou alone can forgive sins. So grant me forgiveness from Thee and show mercy to me. Thou art the forgiving and the merciful One.” [Bukhari, Muslim]