Rasoolullah Sallallaahu Alayhi Wa Sallam said, “He who holds firm to my Sunnah when corruption is rampant in my Ummah will attain the reward of a hundred martyrs.” (al-Bayhaqi )
In another Hadith, Sayyiduna Anas Radhiyallaahu Anhu reports that Rasoolullah Sallallaahu Alayhi Wa Sallam advised, “Whoever cherishes my Sunnah, indeed he cherishes me and whoever loves me will be with me in Jannah.” (Tirmidhi)
As Muslims, it is our belief that every Sunnah of our beloved Nabi Sallallaahu Alayhi Wa Sallam is filled with noor (divine light) and blessings of Allah Ta’aala. It was for this very reason that Allah Ta’aala granted the Sahaabah Radhiyallaahu Anhum and Muhadditheen capabilities required to preserve the Sunnah. Alhamdulillah a large amount of authentic literature is available in which the blessed Sunnah of Rasoolullah Sallallaahu Alayhi Wa Sallam is preserved to this day for the Ummati (follower) to adopt and implement in his life.
The Sunnah of Rasoolullah Sallallaahu Alayhi Wa Sallam is not restricted to acts or places of worship only. Instead, it is comprehensive and covers all aspects and situations of life such as one’s social and moral conduct, business dealings,
his dressing, etc. It also applies to all places whether the Musjid, business place, the home or even while one is on a journey to any far off land. In every situation, one should draw guidance from the lifestyle of Rasoolullah Sallallaahu Alayhi Wa Sallam thereby turning habits into acts of worship.
Let us make a firm resolution to learn the Sunnah, practice and propagate it.
10 Sunnats for us to bring alive!
The rewards of practicing sunnah of Rasulullah is so abundant, one just cannot imagine the rewards Allah Ta’ala has kept in store for the one who adheres strictly to the sunnah.
The greatest reward one will receive for adopting the sunnah practices of Rasulullah is that we will acquire the love of Allah Ta’ala and He will forgive our sins.
Listed hereunder are 10 easy sunnats with the rewards mentioned in the Hadith for us to bring alive this year.
May Allah Ta’ala allow us all to live in accordance with the sunnah of our beloved Rasulullah .
1. To recite Bismillah wal Hamdulillah before commencing wudhu.
* Rasulullah has mentioned that a person who recites this dua before making wudhu, the Angels continue writing down rewards for him as long as he remains in the state of wudhu.
2. Using of the Miswaak before wudhu.
* Rasulullah has said that the miswaak cleans the mouth and pleases our Rabb (Allah Ta’ala).
* Rasulullah has said that a person who makes miswaak before making wudhu and performs two rakaats salaah is better than that person who performs 70 rakaats salaah without making miswaak.
* It will enable one to recite the Kalimah Shahaadah at the time of death.
* More than 70 benefits of using the miswaak have been listed.
3. To recite the following dua after wudhu:
اَشْهَدُ اَنْ لاَّ اِلهَ اِلاَّ اِلله ُ وَحْدَهُ لاَ شَرِيْكَ لَهُ وَاَشْهَدُ اَنَّ مُحَمَّدًا عَبْدُهُ وَرَسُوْلُهُ
* The eight doors of Jannah are opened for the one who recites this dua and he will have the choice of entering from whichever door he wishes.
4. To sleep with wudhu.
* Rasulullah has said that a person who makes wudhu before sleeping and passes away in this condition, is elevated to the rank of a martyr (Shaheed).
* Rasulullah has said that a person who makes wudhu and then goes to sleep, his rooh ascends to the arsh (throne) of Allah Ta’ala and remains in sajdah for as long as he is asleep.
5. To go walking to the Masjid for salaah.
* Rasulullah has mentioned that a person who makes wudhu at home and then goes walking to the musjid to fulfil a Fardh Salaah, for every step that he takes towards the musjid, one sin will be forgiven, and he will be raised up one stage higher in Jannah.
* When he performs his salaah, the Angels continue making dua for him as long as he is in the Musjid, “O Allah, have mercy upon him, O Allah send your special salutations upon him.”
* Rasulullah has said that a person who goes walking to the musjid in the morning or evening, Allah Ta’ala prepares for him an abode in Jannah every time he goes out (for salaah).
6. Performing salaah in the first Saff.
* The first saff is like the saff of the malaaikah.
* Rasulullah said, “If only you knew the reward of sitting in the first saff, you would have had to draw lots.”
* Rasulullah said, “If only you knew the virtue of the first saff, you would race with one another in order to get there first.”
7. To recite Tasbeeh-e-Faatimi (33 times subhaan Allah, 33 times Al-hamdulillah and 34 times Allahu Akbar) after every Fardh salaah and at the time of going to bed.
* Once the poor Muhaajireen came to Rasulullah and complained that they were unable to compete with the wealthy Sahaabah because the wealthy Sahaabah gave Sadaqah and freed slaves, both of which they could not do. Rasulullah said to them, “Should I not teach you something which will allow you to reach those who have surpassed you and it will allow those who are behind you to surpass you. There will be no one who will be more virtuous than you except for those who practice upon this.” They said, “Yes, O Rasulullah .” Rasulullah then said, “Recite tasbeeh 33 times, tahmeed [Al-hamdulillah] 33 times and takbeer 34 times after every salaah.”
* All ones sins are forgiven, even if they are equal to the foam of the ocean.
* For every subhanallah that one will recite, Allah Ta’ala will plant a tree in Jannah for that person.
8. To recite durood shareef 1000 times on a Friday.
* One who recites Durood Shareef one thousand times on a Friday, will most certainly see his abode in Jannah before death.
9. Reciting the Qur’aan Shareef daily in one’s home.
* Rasulullah has said that the house wherein there is no tilaawat of the Qur’aan is like a desolate house.
* The virtue of the kalaam of Allah Ta’ala over all the other kalaam is like the virtue of Allah Ta’ala over all His creation.
10. Recite the following dua when in shopping centres:
لاَ اِلهَ اِلاَّ الله ُ وَحْدَهُ لاَ شَرِيْكَ لَهُ لَهُ الْمُلْكُ وَلَهُ الْحَمْدُ يُحْيِ
وَيُمِيْتُ وَهُوَ حَيٌّ لاَ يَمُوْتُ بِيَدِهِ الْخَيْرُ وَهُوَ عَلى كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيْرٌ
* Whosoever recites the above dua will receive 1 million rewards, 1 million of his sins will be forgiven and his ranks will be raised a million times in Jannah. Furthermore a palace will be built for him in Jannah.
Note: Rasulullah has said: “The best of places in the sight of Allah Ta’ala are the masaajid and the worst of places in the sight of Allâh Ta’ala are the shopping centers.”