- Rabbi hab lee mina alssaliheena
“O my Lord! Grant me (offspring) from the righteous” (Qur’aan: 37:100)
- Rabbana waijAAalna (Muslimayni laka wamin thurriyyatina ommatan (Muslimatan laka waarina manasikana watub AAalayna innaka anta alttawwabu alrraheemu
“Our Lord! Make of us (Muslims, bowing to Your (Will), and of our offspring a nation submissive unto You, and show us our Manasik (all the ceremonies of pilgrimage – Hajj and Umrah) and accept our repentance. Truly You are the One Who accepts repentance, the Most Merciful”. (Qur’aan: 2:128)
- Rabbi la tatharnee fardan waanta khayru alwaritheena
“O My Lord! Leave me not childless, though You are the Best of the inheritors.” (Qur’aan: 21:89)
- Rabbi hab lee min ladunka thurriyyatan tayyibatan innaka sameeAAu aldduAAai
“O my Lord! Grant unto me a good offspring. You are indeed the All-Hearer of dua!” (Qur’aan: 3:38)
Prophet Zakariya (pbuh) made this dua. Maryam was entrusted with Zakariya as a guardian. When Maryam grew up in purity and devoutness, Zakariya longed for such a child for himself, a child who would be pure, virtuous and honourable as Maryam.
- Wainnee khiftu almawaliya min waraee wakanati imraatee AAaqiran fahab lee min ladunka waliyyan
“Now I fear (what) my relatives (and colleagues) (will do) after me: but my wife is barren: so give me an heir as from Yourself”. (Qur’aan 19:5)
- Rabbi ijAAalnee muqeema alssalati wamin thurriyyatee rabbana wtaqabbal duAAai
“O my Lord! Make me one who establishes Prayer (Iqamat-as-Salat) and also (raise such) among my offspring O our Lord! And accept our dua”. (Qur’aan: 14:40)
As a parent of Ismail and Ishaq, Prophet Ibrahim (pbuh) supplicated to Allah (SWT) to make him steadfast in his Salaat. He also asked to make his offspring steadfast in their Salaat.