- Subhanalla-thee sakh-khara-lana haatha wa-ma kun-na lahoo muqrineena wa inna ila Rabbina lamun- qali-boon.
“Glory be to Him (Allah) Who has brought this (vehicle) under our control though we were unable to control it. Sure, we are to return to our Lord”. (Qur’aan: 43:13)
- Waith qala ibraheemu rabbi ijAAal hatha baladan aminan waorzuq ahlahu mina alththamarati man amana minhum biAllahi waalyawmi alakhiri qala waman kafara faomattiAAuhu qaleelan thumma adtarruhu ila AAathabi alnnari wabisa almaseeru
And remember Abraham said: “My Lord, make this a City of Peace, and feed its people with fruits,-such of them as believe in Allah and the Last Day.” He said: “(Yea), and such as reject Faith, for a while will I grant them their pleasure, but will soon drive them to the torment of Fire, an evil destination (indeed)!” (Qur’aan: 2:126)
- Allaahumma innaa nas’aluka fee safarinaa hathal-birra wat-taqwaa, wa minal-‘amali maa tardhaa, Allaahumma hawwin ‘alainaa safaranaa haatha watwi ‘annaa bu’dahu, Allaahumma Antassaahibu fis-safari wal-khaleefatu fil-ahli, Allaahumma innee a‘uthu bika min wa’thaa ‘is-safari wa kaabatil mandhari, wa soo’il munqalabi fil-maali wal-ahli
”Oh Allah, we ask you on this our journey for goodness and piety, and for works that are pleasing to You. Oh Allah lighten this journey for us and make its distance easy for us. Oh Allah, You are our Companion on the road and the One in Whose care we leave our family.
Oh Allah, I seek refuge in you from this journey’s hardships, and from the wicked sights in store and from finding our family and property in misfortune upon returning.” (Muslim, Book 007, Number 3113)
- Waqala irkaboo feeha bismi Allahi majraha wamursaha inna rabbee laghafoorun raheemun
So he said: “Embark ye on the Ark, In the name of Allah, whether it move or be at rest! For my Lord is, be sure, Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful!” (Qur’aan: 11:41)
Prophet Nuh (pbuh) made this dua after he loaded a pair of animals in his ark, except his unbelieving son. This dua helped Nuh (pbuh), the believers and the necessary animals in the Ark sail through the deluge till the water subsided.
- Waith qala ibraheemu rabbi ijAAal hatha albalada aminan waojnubnee wabaniyya an naAAbuda alasnama
“O my Lord! Make this city one of peace and security: and preserve me and my sons from worshipping idols”. (Qur’aan:14:35)
This is the dua of Prophet Ibrahim (pbuh), which he recited to bring peace to the city of Makkah and to keep him and his descendants safe from worshipping any other god except the one and only Allah (SWT).