- Fatira alssamawati waalardi anta waliyyee fee alddunya waalakhirati tawaffanee (Musliman waalhiqnee bialssaliheena
“You Creator of the heavens and the earth! You are my Protector in this world and in the Hereafter. Take You my soul (at death) as one submitting to Your will (as a (Muslim), and unite me with the righteous.” (Qur’aan: 12:101)
Prophet Yusuf (peace be upon him) made this dua after he became the ruler of Egypt, and he met with his parents. The parents prostrated to Allah (SWT) and Yusuf (peace be upon him) realised his dream of eleven stars and the sun and the moon making obeisance to Allah (SWT).
- Allaahumma innee a‘uthubika an adhilla, aw udhalla, aw azilla, aw uzalla, aw adhlima, aw udhlama, aw ajhala aw yujhala ‘alayya.
”Oh Allah, I seek refuge in You lest I misguide others, or I am misguided by others, lest I cause others to err or I am caused to err, lest I abuse others or be abused, and lest I behave foolishly or meet with the foolishness of others”.
(Abu Dawud, Book 41, Number 5075)
- Allaahumma innee as’alukal- ‘afwa wal- ‘aafiyata fid-dunya wal- aakhirati Allaahumma innee as’alukal- ‘afwa wal ‘aafiyata: Fee deenee wa dunyayaa wa ahlee, wa maalee, Allaahum-mastur ‘auraatee, wa aamin rau’aatee, Allaahum-mahfadhni min baini yadayya, wa min khalfee, wa ‘an yameenee, wa ‘an shimaalee, wa min fawqee, wa a’uthu bi’adhamatika an ughtaala miii tahtee
“Oh Allah, I seek Your forgiveness and Your protection in this world and the next. Oh Allah, I seek Your forgiveness and Your protection in my religion, in my worldly affairs, in my family and in my wealth. Oh Allah, conceal my secrets and preserve me from anguish. Oh Allah, guard me from what is in front of me and behind me, from my left, and from my right, and from above me. I seek refuge in Your Greatness from being struck down from beneath me”. (Abu Dawud, Book 41, Number 5056)
- Inna waliyyiya Allahu allathee nazzala alkitaba wahuwa yatawalla alssaliheena
“For my Protector is Allah, Who revealed the Book (from time to time), and He will choose and befriend the righteous”. (Qur’aan: 7:196)
- “O Allah, I seek Your protection from being buried alive (under the debris of a building falling down) and from falling down (from the roof of a building), from being drowned and from being burnt, and from evil old age; and I pray to be saved from the deceit of the devil at the time of death, from dying in holy war with my back to the enemy (i.e. while l am fleeing from battle) and from death caused by the biting of venomous animals”. (Abu Dawud, Book 8, Number 1547)
- Rabbi law shita ahlaktahum min qablu waiyyaya atuhlikuna bima faAAala alssufahao minna in hiya illa fitnatuka tudillu biha man tashao watahdee man tashao anta waliyyuna faighfir lana wairhamna waanta khayru alghafireena
“O my Lord! If it had been Your will You could have destroyed, long before, both them and me: would You destroy us for the deeds of the foolish ones among us? This is no more than Your trial: By it You cause whom You will to stray, and You lead whom You will unto the right path. You are our Protector: so forgive us and give us Your mercy; for You are the best of those who forgive. (Qur’aan: 7:155)
During the absence of Prophet Musa (pbuh), the Israelites took a calf as an object of worship. When Musa (pbuh) returned to his people, he was angry and sad at this development. Then Musa (pbuh) selected 70 men of unsound faith for Allah (SWT)’s tryst. These people of dubious faith were overtaken by an earthquake. At that time Musa (pbuh) made this dua to rescue the people who were not at fault.