- Allaahummaj’al fee qalbee nooran, wa fee lisaanee nooran, waj’al fee sam‘ee nooran, waj’al fee basaree nooran, waj’al min khalfee nooran, wa min amaamee nooran,waj’al min fauqee nooran, wa min tahtee nooran, Allaahum-ma a’tinee nooran.
“Oh Allah, place light in my heart, and on my tongue, in my ears, in my eyes, and shed it at the back of me, in front of me, above me and beneath me. O Allah! Grant me light”. (Bukhari, Volume 8, Book 75, Number 328)
- “O Allah, I seek Your protection from the mischief of my ears, eyes, tongue, heart and semen” (i.e. sexual passion). (Abu Dawud, Book 8, Number 1546)
- Allaahumma ‘aafinee fee badanee, Allaahumma ‘aafinee fee sam‘ee, Allaahumma ‘aafinee fee basaree, laa ilaaha lila Anta. Allaahumma innee a‘uthu bika minal-kufri wal-faqri wa a ‘uthu bika min ‘athaabil-qabri laa ilaaha illa Anta.
”Oh Allah, make me healthy in my body. Oh Allah, preserve for me my hearing. Oh Allah, preserve for me my sight. There is none worthy of worship but You. Oh Allah, I seek refuge in You from disbelief and poverty and I seek refuge in You from the punishment of the grave. There is none worthy of worship but You”. (Abu Dawud, Book 41, Number 5071)
- Adhhibal-bas, Rabb-annaas, ishfi wa Anatal Shaafi, la shaafi illa anta
“Remove all harm, O the Lord of the people! Give cure for You are the Curer. There is none that gives cure except you.” (Bukhari, Volume 7, Book 70, Number 579)
- Waqihimu alssayyiati waman taqi alssayyiati yawmaithin faqad rahimtahu wathalika huwa alfawzu alAAatheemu
“And preserve them from (all) ills; and any whom You do preserve from ills that Day, on them will You have bestowed Mercy indeed: and that will be truly (for them) the highest Achievement”. (Qur’aan: 40:9)
- Allâthi-Khâlâqâni-Fâhowâ-Yâhdeen. Wallathi HowâYutCimoni Wayâsqeen. Wa’itha-Mâridtô- Fâhowâ-Yâshfeen. Wâllâthi-YumeetoniThummâ-Yôhyeen. Wâllâthi-Atmâ ô-Ay-Yâghfira-Li- Khâtee’âtiYâwmâd-din
“Who created me, and It is He who guides me; Who gives me food and drink, And when I am ill, It is He who cures me; Who will cause me to die, And then to live (again); And who, I hope, Will forgive me my faults On the Day of Judgment”. (Qur’aan: 26:78)