The manner of performing the Salaah is the same for both man and woman. The distinctive features are mentioned below:
1. While saying the takbeer -e- Tahreema men should take out their hands from their cloak/shroud and raise their hands to the ears, unless there is any specific requirement like cold etc. to keep them covered. But women must invariably keep their hands inside and raise them to their shoulders without taking them out.
2. After takbeer -e- Tahreema, men should place their right hand on the left just below the navel while the women should do so on their breasts.
3. Men should hold the left wrist by a coupling of the little finger and thumb of the right hand spreading the remaining three fingers on the wrist. Women should not do like this, but should place the right palm on the left.
4. Men should perform the ruku perfectly by keeping their back steady in line with their head. Women should not do so. They should bow to the extent that their hands touch the knees.
5. In ruku, men should keep their hands upon their knees spreading the fingers a little.
6. In ruku, men should keep their elbows apart from the ribs, while the women keep the elbows close to the ribs.
7. In sajdah, men should keep their arms apart from their armpits and their bellies apart from their thighs.
8. In sajdah, men should keep their elbows slightly raised from the ground and the women should spread them on the ground.
9. In sajdah, men should keep both their feet upright resting on the toes while the women should not do so.
10. In Qaidah, men should sit on their left foot and keep their right foot upright resting on the fingers. The women should sit on their left hip spreading out both the feet on the right side in such a way that the right side rests on the left and the right calf on the left calf.
11. Women should not, in any case, recite the Holy QURAAN loudly but should always do so in a low voice.