Hadrat Abu Zarr Ghifari (Radi Allaahu Ta’ala Anhu) narrated that my beloved friend has specially recommended the following seven things.
1. Loving the needy and destitute,
2. Looking towards those who are below me (i.e. those who do not possess as much as I have) and should not look towards those who are above me (i.e. those who have much more provision for worldly life than I have). In some traditions it has been reported that by doing so a habit of patience and thankfulness is created and it is evident also.
3. I should show mercy towards my kinsmen and establish relations with them (i.e. I should deal with them as one should deal with his relatives and kinsmen) though they do not do so with me.
4. I should not beg anything from anybody (i.e. for every requirement of mine I should beseech ALLAH, the Exalted and I should not go abegging on anybody else’s door).
5. I should speak turth on every occasion even if it be bitter for the people (and may be distasteful to them on account of their own intents and wishes).
6. I should not be afraid of those who reproach me in the way of ALLAH (i.e if worldly people reproach me, even then I should say … and do what has been enjoined by ALLAH and by which ALLAH is pleased. I should not care at all for the reproach.) I should recite abundantly Because all these things are from the treasure which is below the heaven (i.e. these are gems from the treasures which is beneath the throne of ALLAH and which are given to those servants of ALLAH whom he likes. Nobody else has access to that).