It is a fact that Makkah is a blessed city. Every inch and every rock or bit of sand is blessed. We have already mentioned those places of special blessing. Now there are a few more to which attention should be drawn.
1. Firstly there is a place where the house of Hazrat Khadija R.A. used to be; and where Hazrat Fatima Zahraa R.A. was born; and where all the children of Rasulullah Sal’am were born except Hazrat Ibrahim A.S. up to the Hijrat Rasulullah Sal’am live here. The Ulama are of the opinion that second to the Holy Masjid, this place is the most virtuous in Makkah.
2. Then there is the spot known as Mowlidun Nabi. Where our Rasulullah Sal’am was born.
3. The houses of Hazrat Abu Bakr R.A. known as the Darul Hijrat from where the flight to Madina took place. Before the Hijrat Rasulullah Sal’am used to come here everyday. There were two stones there; one called ‘Mutakallim’, which made salaam to the Holy Prophet Sal’am and the other called ‘Muttaka’, against which Rasulullah Sal’am used to lean while sitting down.
4. The Mowlid Ali. Where Hazrat Ali R.A. was born.
5. Dar-e-Arqam, also known as Dar-e-Kharasaan, the house where hazrat Umar R.A. accepted Islam, near the hill of Safa. Here the first forty men had joined the fold of Islam. And here the following verse was revealed: “O Prophet, Allah is sufficient for you; and for those who follow you among the believers”. This is the house where Rasulullah Sal’am used to conceal himself in the early days of Islam.
6. The cave of Thowr where Rasulullah Sal’am and Hazrat Abu Bakr R.A. did themselves for some time during the flight to Madina. This was the cave where the verse was revealed calling Hazrat Abu Bakr R.A. “the second of the two” companions while they were in the cave.
7. Cave of Hiraa on the Mount of Light (Jabal an Noor) where before Prophethood descended upon him, Rasulullah Sal’am used to spend days and days in complete solitude until the very first verse of the Qur’an (Iqra) was revealed to him there. Here he became a Prophet.
8. Masjidur Raya near Ma’laa in Makkah where Rasulullah Sal’am used to pray.
9. Masjidul Jinn, the place where the Jinns used to gather to listen to a lecture by Rasulullah Sal’am. Once Rasulullah Sal’am took Hazrat Abdullah bin Mas’ood R.A. with him towards them, left Hazrat Abdullah R.A. at some distance away and alone proceeded to give instructions to the Jinns at this spot. There he read the Qur’an to them.
10. Masjidul Shajarah, which is opposite Masjidul Jinn, the mosque in which there grew a tree. Rasulullah Sal’am once called the tree which splitting the ground came to him. He then sent it back and it went back.
11. Masjidul Ghanam, also known as Masjidul Ijaabah; where after the conquest of Makkah, Rasulullah Sal’am took the oath of allegiance.
13. Masjid of Mount Abu Qubays. This masjid can be seen from the Haram. The story about eating goat’s broth at this place is incorrect.
14. Masjid-e-Tuwaa, which lies on the route to Tan’eem, where Rasulullah Sal’am came to Haj or umrah, he used to stay and rest.
15. Masjid-e-Aa’isha at Tan’eem, from where one puts on ihraam to proceed to Makkah for umrah.
16. Masjidul Aqba, where before the Hijrat the Ansaar for the first time pledged themselves to the service of Rasulullah Sal’am and Islam. Going from Makkah to Mina, this mosque lies on the right hand side of the road a little distance away from the road.
17. Masjidul Ju’raana, the place where Rasulullah Sal’am put on his ihraam for umrah after having come from Ta’if after the conquest of Makkah.
18. Masjidul Kabsh. This is sometimes also called the slaughtering place of Hazrat Ibrahim A.S, where the faithful prophet came to sacrifice his only son Hazrat Ismail A.S.
19. Masjidul Khaif, the famous mosque at Mina, where it is said seventy prophets lie buried.
20. The Mursalaat Cave where Surat Al Mursalaat was revealed to Rasulullah Sal’am. It is not far from Masjidul Khaif.
21. Jannatul Mu’laa, the ancient graveyard of Makkah, where Hazrat Khadija R.A. lies buried. The virtues of this graveyard have been explained in various Hadith. Apart from these there are many other places of blessings and great historical and spiritual significance. And what place in Makkah cannot be blessed when the Holy feet of Rasulullah Sal’am and the Sahaaba-e-Kiraam had trod there? Hazrat Mullah Ali Qari Rah has specially mentioned the foregoing.